Funding Support Process
Made available by NYS OASAS and decided by the Regional Community Action Partnership, each year, around 12 to 15 projects will be supported through local coalitions to provide environmental prevention strategies within the Regional Economic Zone (Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Allegany, and Cattauraugus counties). Project sizes can vary (more ambitious projects will be considered), but the average award will be up to $1,500. A coalition may apply for support multiple times in the same year as long as the projects meet the basic requirements and is accepted by the Community Action Partnership as a worthy project. Although it is not necessary for a coalition to have 501(c)(3) status to apply, those that do, or are affiliated with a local 501(c)(3), will be viewed favorably by the Community Action Partnership.
What the Community Action Partnership WILL support:
1. Media Strategies focusing on substance abuse such as billboards, posters, mailers, or other available methods.
2. Community events that address substance abuse, particularly treatment and recovery.
3. Extensions to existing campaigns (Red Ribbon, April is Alcohol Awareness Month, Talk2Prevent, etc.) that seeks to account for the specific community that the campaign is being delivered
4. Media strategies that target substance abuse.
5. Other projects that fit the scope of the CAP group.
What the Community Action Partnership WILL NOT support:
1. Projects that include offset costs (programs that are already funded by other sources).
2. Classroom-based EBP's.
3. Projects that do not add capacity to the community.
Examples of previously supported projects include:
1. New prescription drug boxes in locations of need.
2. Creation and development of resource brochures.
3. Data collection and dissemination in communities where this information is not available.
4. Community-wide speakers/trainers that focus on substance abuse.
If you are interested in requesting support for your coalition, please follow these steps:
1. Have a project with attached dollar figures ready!
2. Preferably, have 501(c)(3) status or be affiliated with a 501(c)(3)
3. Complete the "Coalition Funding Application" found here. Your information will be automatically submitted to the CAP, who will make a decision regarding your request at their next monthly meeting.
If the CAP group decides that your project does not fit within the goals of the group, you will be contacted by e-mail with an explanation as to why the project was not accepted.
If the CAP group decides that your project does fit within the goals of the group, you will be contacted by e-mail with the next steps in the process. Each project will be on a case by case basis, but generally:
1. You will be asked to provide a designated 501(c)(3) for the distribution of funds and that entity will need to send an invoice and W9 form (found on "Awardees" page.
2. You will be directed to complete a form found on this website to discuss the use of the funds and results.
If supported, you will be expected to complete a final report and submit copies of all print materials containing the "WRARC" logo.