Made available by NYS OASAS and decided by the Regional Community Action Partnership, each year, around 12 to 15 projects will be funded through local coalitions to provide environmental prevention strategies within the Regional Economic Zone (Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, Allegany, and Cattauraugus counties). Project sizes can vary (more ambitious projects will be considered), but the average award will be up to $1,500. A coalition may apply for funds multiple times in the same year as long as the projects meet the basic requirements and is accepted by the Community Action Partnership as a worthy project. Although it is not necessary for a coalition to have 501(c)(3) status to apply, those that do, or are affiliated with a local 501(c)(3), will be viewed favorably by the Community Action Partnership.
What the Community Action Partnership will Fund:
1. Media Strategies focusing on substance abuse such as billboards, posters, mailers, or other available methods
2. Community events that address substance abuse
3. Extensions to existing campaigns (Red Ribbon, April is Alcohol Awareness Month, Talk2Prevent, etc.) that seeks to account for the specific community that the campaign is being delivered
4. Other projects that fit the scope of the CAP group.
If you are interested in requesting funds for your coalition, please follow these steps:
1. Have a project with attached dollar figures ready!
2. Preferably, have 501(c)(3) status or be affiliated with a 501(c)(3)
3. Complete the "Coalition Funding Application" found here. Your information will be automatically submitted to the CAP, who will make a decision regarding your request at their next monthly meeting.
If the CAP group decides that your project does not fit within the goals of the group, you will be contacted by e-mail with an explanation as to why the project was not accepted.
If the CAP group decides that your project does fit within the goals of the group, you will be contacted by e-mail with the next steps in the process. Each project will be on a case by case basis, but generally:
1. You will be asked to provide a designated 501(c)(3) for the distribution of funds and that entity will need to send an invoice and W9 form (found on "Awardees" page.
2. You will be directed to complete a form found on this website to discuss the use of the funds and results.
If funded, you will be expected to complete a final report and submit copies of all print materials containing the "WRARC" logo.